UPDATED PRICES Click here to view and print the Friends Of Garvies Point Museum and Preserve Membership Application
All members receive:
Free admission to Garvies Point Museum
Free admission to major events (Native American Feast, Garvies Point Day)
10% discount in the Garvies Point gift shop
Notices of special events and programs
Invitations to MEMBERS ONLY events and programs
Family Plus (2 adults & up to 4 children under 18) & above Memberships receive:
All above benefits PLUS
10 % discount on birthday parties
10 % discount on Children's Summer Workshops
Did you visit Garvies Point Museum as a child? Last week? Not yet?
2017 marked the 50th anniversary of Garvies Point Museum.
Why not make this year the year you join Friends of Garvies Point Museum and Preserve?
Who are the Friends of Garvies Point Museum and Preserve?
The Friends of Garvies Point Museum and Preserve was formed several years ago as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, chartered by the New York State Board of Regents with the express mission of promoting Garvies Point Museum and Preserve and assisting the staff of the Museum in maintaining and enhancing the collections, exhibits and interpretive programming of the museum, as well as the woodlands, shoreline, meadows, ponds and thickets of the Preserve. Whether we visit Garvies Point frequently or only when we have guests from out of town, we share a common interest in preserving every aspect of this Long Island "gem" of a spot.
We need your support more than ever. Please join. Consider a higher category of membership or a tax deductible donation, and visit us soon.
Check out the museum's gift shop run by the Friends of Garvies
What are some of the things we want to accomplish?
- Seek funds through grants and donations to contribute to the upgrading of museum exhibits
- Assist with the installation of Museum exhibits in public libraries
- Host receptions for special exhibits in the Museum
- Serve as volunteers for Museum School Programs & Workshops, trail maintenance, habitat restoration and special events
- Coordinate the annual shoreline cleanup with the American Littoral Society
- Present off-site promotional talks about Garvies Point to civic groups
- Friends of Garvies Point Museum and Preserve Gift Shop
- Support Sculpture and Jewelry/Lapidary Workshops
International Beach Clean Up Day.